Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bad Day

I woke up extremely tired today. I pretty much showered with my eyes closed this morning. After I got myself ready for work I headed out to my car. Because this day is destined to be bad, there was a ticket sitting on my windshield. I would care more about the ticket, except I am too dang tired to care. I just hope the rest of my day goes alright.

Oh, and on a strange note... I heard an excerpt from an Obama speech on the way in to work this morning. Apparently if we all just inflated our tires and got regular tune-ups America's oil crisis would be solved. Hmm, I am pretty sure most Americans already know to maintain their vehicles, so I sure hope he has a back-up energy plan. Here is Obama's exact quote btw:

"There are things you can do individually, though, to save energy," Obama said. "Making sure your tires are properly inflated – simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling – if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? You'd actually save just as much!"
Obama's quote about inflating tires is not funny. If he really does think this could replace the amount of oil that could be drilled offshore than he is not dealing with reality. And if the legislature is equally as confused regarding oil prices, supply and demand, drilling capabilities, it is no wonder that nothing is being accomplished in the House or Senate.

Additionally, McCain did a similar stupid thing earlier this week when he was discussing his economic plan. When asked about his policies regarding increasing the social security tax for certain taxpayers, he stated that all options are still on the table. Well, that contradicts everything he has said for the past few months. It is interesting to see how both candidates mess up when they veer away from their scripted responses.

1 comment:

thecanary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.