Thursday, July 31, 2008

Reflections about my new job.

  1. I work extremely long hours during the work week. Umm, going corporate does not mean a straight 9-5 schedule.
  2. My job is a million times more complicated than what I thought it would be. There are so many aspects to completing a large corporate transaction.
  3. I already interact with clients. It is strange to have clients rely on my work product and ask me for guidance regarding their most important transactions.
  4. It is funny to notice how most lawyers do not understand the business side of a transaction, and most business people do not understand the legal side of the same transaction. It is very difficult bringing both groups on to the same page.
  5. It is a business-casual work environment, but the bosses all wear formal attire. So, I follow the "dress for the position you want" philosophy.
  6. I learn something new every minute I am at work. It is strange to look back on a work week and reflect about the different things I have learned.
  7. Nothing in tax law is as simple as it is presented in law school! If it seemed hard in law school, it is a million times more complicated in practice.
  8. My co-workers are awesome. Every single one of them is extremely competent and nice. They genuinely care about the company, the employees, and the clients.
  9. Overall, I am happy to have my current job! It is awesome!

1 comment:

thecanary said...

I am so happy for you!!! You rock! And earned it!