Monday, September 1, 2008

Update

Everything is going well for me now adays. Have been slammed at work, which is a good thing. I even ended up coming in to the office on Sunday for a few hours. But, it was nice to get a big part of my project done while no one was in the office to disturb me. Overall, work is still going very well.

I have started running regularly again. I have been biking instead of running the last few weeks, and weirdly enough, biking hurts my knees worse than running. My quads are getting so tight that they are pulling on my knees. So, running more has been a nice break for my legs. Besides, mentally I feel a lot better when I run vs. bike. Running was a big part of my life when I was a college athlete, and I feel empowered when I push myself on a nice, long run.

Also, I went to an alumni cross country meet this past Saturday. It was neat to see how nice the team cross country course looks now. I can see why the Division 1 Nationals meet is being held there this year. Anyway, I had a good time seeing old friends and debating politics with my former coach. We do not have the same political philosophy and we have a great time debating about candidates and issues. He is tolerant and rational, and isn't offended that I have a different political perspective. It is nice to debate with someone, who does not think I am stupid or arrogant for being a Republican.

Anyway, back to work for me.

1 comment:

thecanary said...

haha I had to switch to biking b/c no running around here! I completely love running more too.

I'm waiting on the Palin post!!!