Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Halloween..

I spent all Halloween night with a bucket of candy on my lap, waiting for little ones to come by. And not one child came by! So, I am left with a bucket of candy, that I apparently will have to eat all by myself! I am hoping that I will be able to bring it in to work on Wednesday morning, as a post-election party favor.

The weather has been nice the last few days, with temperatures hovering around 70 degrees. But judging by the chilly air this morning, those warm temperatures are probably going away for awhile. I used the impending winter chill as a justification to spend some money on new sweaters. And my husband actually bought my argument and agreed that I was justified in purchasing a bunch of new sweaters.... Cool. :)I will admit that I am nervous about my first winter in Chicago. Everyone here says winters can be pretty brutal in Chicago. It is a good thing I have a gas guzzling Jeep to help me make it to work in the mornings.

I'll end with a cool quote of the day. This is for my co-workers and friends who cannot believe some of the books and articles I read on a daily basis. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."-Aristotle

No comments: