Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Vacation?

My bosses are all on spring break vacation this week. I asked if I could take Monday off and was told no. I took last Friday off, and ended up working from home anyway. I need a freakin vacation, whether my boss agrees or not. Just a day or two would be nice. Granted, the reason I was told not to take this week off is because I am the only trained back-up for one of my bosses and need to be available to take all client and consultant questions this week. So, here is to hoping that I will be able to take a few days off next week!

Work has been beyond hectic this week. I have a new found appreciation for what my boss (the one trained in the same specialty as me) actually does. I walk in to the office every morning to 20-30 more emails than I normally receive. As soon as I log in to my computer, a million little instant messages pop up from other consultants. All of the questions are supposedly life or death and need to be resolved ASAP. To say this week has been slightly stressful is a bit of an understatement!It is only Wednesday and I feel like it is Friday!

Ok, back to work.

No comments: