Friday, July 31, 2009

Mini-Vacation


I am flying to Colorado Springs next week for my little sister's Acceptance Day ceremony. Acceptance Day is the day that the cadets officially graduate from basic training and become full-fledged cadets at the Air Force Academy. It is the first time that the cadets are allowed to have contact with family and friends. Additionally, it is the first time the cadets can receive care packages, full of snacks and personal items. I remember how hard it was for me during my freshmen year of college. I had a crazy, always screaming, cross country coach, which stressed me out all the time. I can only imagine how much tougher my little sister's situation is right now. So, I cannot wait to spend some time with her next week at this important ceremony, to let her know just how proud all of us are of her!

1 comment:

Luke said...

Congratulations to your li'l sis. She seems to be a proud cadette. Good luck to her and I hope you both will have a grand time together.