Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Busy, But Not Stressed, But Maybe Slightly Angry

I have way too many outstanding projects with deadlines fast approaching, but somehow, I have managed to avoid being overly stressed. I think working out every night definitely helps me manage my stress levels. It probably also helps that my husband is super laid back. He balances out my wacky, high strung self. Anyway, the only projects that are driving me crazy are the non-billable ones I have been assigned. I have not had a chance to finish these internal projects, and have been emailed almost everyday regarding when I plan on completing them. It is starting to make me mad. I have a crazy billable hours goal, and I have plenty of billable projects. But, somehow, I am expected to not sleep or something, and to complete these two time consuming non-billable, internal bs projects at the same time..The other crazy part is that there are plenty of associates sitting around here with nothing to do..Maybe one of them could take these internal projects off my plate.And let me say that I am not avoiding pro bono work or something similar to that, I have been assigned to basically go through some data and check it for accuracy...Ok, done venting...

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Can you just email back the bosses and say, "Look, I have billable projects and I have these other projects...which do you want me to focus on?" Get it in writing from them, and use for blackmail later on. :)

shell said...

Does your firm have staff meetings during which you could address the workload issue? It's arguably an ethical violation to burden you with caseloads so that you have no time to do all the things you are expected to do while competently handling your client's cases.

Dagny said...

There is no way that I could complain about my caseload. My boss takes any complaints/concerns as a direct insult. Not a good situation..I'll be fine. Anyway, one of my co-workers agreed to help me with the non-billable work since he had nothing to do. So, things are working out alright..