Monday, October 3, 2011

Paralysis Due to the Unknown

No, I am not talking about having a little girl in a few weeks..Though this title likely applies to that situation as well...

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by a project if it is something that I have never done before. As I blogged about last week, I had over a week to draft a specific plan document, but kept procrastinating due to my inexperience with this particular task. The funny part is that I should know better than to procrastinate and freak out about a first time task. Once I outline the design of a plan or a document, the pieces almost always fall into place and I am able to draft something. I guess its a lesson I learn every few months. Basically do not let fear of the unknown paralyze you. I need to remember to be confident in my abilities and to simply outline and thoroughly analyze a project, and that everything will likely work out for the best. :)

1 comment:

shell said...

Hmm. Looks like my previous comment didn't register.
It's normal to feel anxious about the unknown. With experience you'll become more at ease with what you do. :) I feel ya.