Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crankenstein

I crank away on project after project at work. It has been this way since last fall. Typically, the summer months are when I get to work on some non-billable projects and leave the office early (or at least by 5pm). Well, it is not a typical year. I have been at the office by 5am (3am during peak of the season) since January. I pride myself on always keeping a positive attitude and working incredibly fast and accurate. However, I think my hyper self might actually be losing some steam. I desperately need to find a way to get back to feeling energetic and normal.

2 comments:

shell said...

Well, taking into the account that you are the mother of a newborn and you work incessantly, your attitude is A+! I don't think your employer would hold it against you. Are you the only person who shows up to work at 3:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m.?

Dagny said...

Thanks Shell. There are a few of us unfortunate souls getting up that freaking early to work haha..I thought I was avoiding the craziness of BigLaw hours by working for a consulting firm, but I was wrong on that assumption haha!But I am sure a lot of people in the workforce are going through this right now. Less people in the workplace means we are all expecte to do a lot more!